Belongs to Piraeus Prefecture and is located in the heart of the Saronic. The island has four villages: megalochori or Milos (island country), the spiral staircase (the natural harbor where approaching the ferry boat from Piraeus-Aegina), limenaria and Glebe.
The island has a daily ferry connections to Piraeus. The trip by ferry boat is 2 hours while "hydrofoil" 55 minutes. The ferry connections to Piraeus started in 1960 and until then the used boat from/to Aegina. On 1 September 2006 we inaugurated the new port in megalochori. The new port was built to decongest the main port of Skala and the general upgrading of tourism on the island. The hydrofoil ferry connection with Piraeus today approach the new port in megalochori.
The municipality of Agkistri established by Kallikrates program 1 January 2011 and stemmed from the recognition of the community of Agkistri. Includes Hook and the nearby islets.
In ancient texts like Pliny mentions and other ancient historians like Thucydides and Diodorus, the hook was called Kekryfaleia which means ' embellished ' head. Although there have been archaeological excavations on the West coast of the island there are sunken into the sea, Antiquities and relics of prehistoric settlement. Here is the tomb of armatoloy Mitromara (1772), pioneer in the Orlov revolt, who fled and died on the island.